Wednesday, February 14, 2007

February 14, 2007

I really don't know where to begin, or how to begin, so I guess I will just jump in. My name is Tim Tanz, and I live in St Louis, Missouri with my partner, Dennis. This coming April 19th, we will have been together for 16 years. Wow, it's hard to believe how time flies.

I am a realtor by profession, licensed since 1997. Dennis & I also have several investment properties. We are rehabbing two two-family flats, doing most of the work ourselves, so it's taking quite a while to finish them. Our other two-family flat is fully rented. We also own two single-family homes in addition to our personal residence. Our goal originally was to acquire two investment properties a year, but we are running behind. We cannot financially swing another purchase until the buildings are finished and rented.

Our house is 98 percent finished. We did a gut rehabb, converting a two-family to a single family home in Tower Grove South. What a long process, and one I don't recommend for everyone. We started the demolition in 2001, and we're still working on it. I don't think we will ever be completely finished; we always find something else we want to add to it. In January, I spent 5 days tiling the master bath tub surround. As of yet, I haven't gotten the tile grouted. The week before Christmas we finished the stair railing. It was a two week process, installing the two newell posts, railing, ballusters, etc. Our Christmas party was on December 15, and on Dec 14 we were staining the railing... All-in-all, I am very proud of our work, and it has turned out to be a beautiful home. I have learned alot through the process.

I wanted to close today with a quote. I find I need constant motivation, and find these quotes helpful. Today's quote:

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"
by Eleanor Roosevelt.

No comments: